Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Monster Reign Inferno Jalapeno Strawberry Full Review

Monster Reign Inferno Jalapeno Strawberry Flavor


So one of the hottest energy drinks of the past few weeks has been Monster's Reign Inferno "Thermogenic" Energy Drinks. These things have been talked about for weeks, but it wasn't until very recently they've actually been making their way out to gas stations and stores, I personally have been looking all over for them. Prior to getting my hands on Reign Inferno, I actually did pick-up a can of Rockstar Thermo X which is another "Thermogenic" Energy Drink that came out around the same time, I was a fan of that one, I believe the flavor was Tropical Fire. In today's post however we'll be talking about Reign Inferno, and specifically the Jalapeno Strawberry flavor.

Where Can I Buy Reign Inferno?

After checking gas stations, liquor stores, and Walmarts, I finally managed to find this one at a local Speedway here in Chicago. It was actually a good morning, I was able to pick up the Jalapeno Strawberry Flavor, the Red Dragon flavored Reign Inferno, and I even managed to get my hands on a can of Monster Ultra Fiesta which has been an elusive one to find. We did manage to find a can of Fiesta Rosa the other day of which we did a review and Youtube video so check those out.

If you're sick of hunting gas stations and big box stores, there are some sellers on eBay and Amazon selling Reign Infero variety packs, however they are at a heavy markup. 

Reign Inferno Macros & Details

Now one thing I say about all these energy drinks that claim to have CoQ10, Super Creatine, BCAAs, or even in the case of Reign Inferno and Rockstar Thermo X. These are first and foremost energy drinks. They are extremely underdosed with BCAAs, Creatine, CoQ10, or in the case of Thermogenic energy drinks anything that will actually burn fat. While they may contain some L-Carnitine and a few other things, think of these as energy drinks first and foremost. 

One of the first things everyone will want to know about is the caffeine content. How much caffeine does Reign Inferno have you ask? Reign Inferno has 300mg of caffeine. The can advertises that Reign Inferno Fuel will help burn calories, accelerate metabolism, reduce fatigue, contains BCAAs, and will provide increased concentration. 

If we look at the macros this one packs 10 calories, 200mg of sodium which is 9% of  your daily allotment, a little high, 3 grams of carbs, B Vitamins, and of course Monsters Thermogenic Performance Blend which includes the likes of L-Citrulline, Panax Ginseng Extract, Caffeine, L-Carnitine, Green Tea Extract, and Capsicum. 

What Does Monster Reign Inferno Jalapeno Strawberry Taste Like?

I was actually quite surprised by the taste. The overwhelming taste of this drink was that of fresh jalapenos, it had all the flavor of a fresh jalapeno, but only a slight bit of the heat. Upon taking a sip you first get a crisp fresh taste of a fresh jalapeno, you then get a little sweetness and a slight strawberry taste creeping in, and the finish on the middle and front of your tongue is again that of a fresh jalapeno with just a slight bit of heat.

I could actually see turning this one into a cocktail in the summertime, maybe some tequila, a sliced fresh jalapeno and some basil on ice along with a Reign Inferno Jalapeno Strawberry, I could see that being really tasty.

Overall I enjoyed it. I don't know it's something I'd be drinking on the daily, however I could definitely see myself picking up a can here and there to mix things up.

We also managed to get our hands on the Red Dragon flavor so be on the lookout for another review coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment