Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Reviewing Amazon's Solimo Silver Energy Drink

Amazon Solimo Silver Energy Drink

So Amazon is many people's first place to go looking for supplements. While Amazon has had some issues over the year's with quality control and selling expired and counterfeit supplements, there's also some Amazing Deals on Amazon as well. I recently picked up two 24 cases of Bubly sparkling water for under $10 with shipping.

Many supplement fans aren't aware Amazon actually has several private label brands of their own supplements called Solimo. I've only tried one product from them which was a Solimo multivitamin.

I just recently learned Solimo aka Amazon also makes energy drinks. I was curious to see how they'd stack up against leading energy drinks like Bang, Monster, and others. 

For those unfamiliar with this line, Solimo comes in two flavors Solimo Silver Energy Drink and Solimo Red Energy Drink, the Silver being a citrus flavor and the Solimo Red Energy Drink being a bit harder to nail down, kind of a non-descript Redbull style energy drink flavor with a hint of cherry.

I'm sure the first thing most people will want to know is the caffeine content. The caffeine content is 152mg of caffeine per can. They also pack just 10 calories, 310mg of sodium, and 0 grams of sugar.

One of the things you'll likely like most about this energy drink is the price. Where as a case of Bang, Monster, or 3D Energy will likely set you back $20 to $30, possibly plus shipping, a 12 case of Solimo Energy Drinks can be had for $14.99 for a 12 case.

Not that the packaging is all that important, but the packaging and the cans seems cheap, these will get dinged up and dented quite easily, and I actually had one burst in my trunk, although in fairness it's probably not wise to leave loose energy drink cans banging around loose in your trunk.

Many users compare these to Monster Ultra Energy Drinks and I kinda get that. They aren't bad, but I'm also not super impressed. That said many customers rave about these drinks and prefer them over a Monster saying the taste is the same or better and the price can't be beat.

To me, the taste was somewhat similar to a squirt with a bit less acidity and a bit less sweetness. My one complaint is I do pick-up a slight chemical or artificial flavor taste on the backend, however again, in fairness I tend to pick that up on some Bang and Monster flavors that others love so I'm especially sensitive to that.

Is it worth trying? I'd say it's worth dropping $15 on a case to try them out. If you're someone who drinks an energy drink a day this will definitely save you a pretty penny and if you like the taste which many seem to, it's about as good as a Monster Ultra.


No comments:

Post a Comment