Pages

Monday, August 5, 2019

Reviewing Cookies and Cream The New Premier Protein Shake Flavor

30g of Protein Cookies and Cream Premier Protein


I've long been a fan of Premier Protein's protein shakes. A few years ago my girlfriend discovered these at Costco and I've been hooked ever since. Typically an 18 pack of these shakes goes for between $26 and $33 at Costco. The sell on Amazon as well, but typically for a bit more than at Costco. 

Now typically I get the Chocolate flavor. I think it tastes the best and I think chocolate typically does the best job at covering up any protein taste or after taste. I have tried the Vanilla flavor before and wasn't a huge fan.

This week, the week of August 7 for about 4 days following, these Premier Protein shakes are actually going to be going on sale, $5 off per case, so I had to stop in and get some. When I was in Costco the other day I happened to notice two newer flavors I'd never seen before. The new flavors were Chocolate Fudge and Cookies and Cream.

I decided to roll the dice and pick-up a case of Cookies and Cream. Now to me this is a big gamble. If I hate them I spent $26 and have 17 more gross drinks to chug as to not waste them. 

After initially buying this case I got home and had instant regret. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Oreos and occasionally a McFlurry or something like that, but I wasn't sure I was going to be in the mood for a daily Cookies and Cream protein shake.

Well tonight I decided to crack the case open after dinner, I had a light dinner of chicken and some mixed vegetables and got in a good workout today so decided to have a Cookies and Cream shake for desert. 

To my surprise these things aren't half bad. It's a little sweet but not overly so. I would say the cream takes the front role in regards to flavor with a hint of cookie on the back end. It's really not bad.

Now only time will tell, 12 days and 12 shakes into this case I may not be quite as into the Cookies and Cream, however it's definitely not a bad flavor, especially if your someone who's a big fan of cookies and cream. 

Would I buy these again? Maybe, these things have a pretty long shelf life so I'd probably buy them with a case of chocolate so I could swap them out every few days. 

Premier Protein Ingredient Label


Okay, so in this post I mainly wanted to talk about the flavor, I'm guessing a lot of you are already familiar with the Premier Protein drinks, however I guess, I'll touch on the macros for anyone who isn't familiar with these but wants to know a bit more.

A shake is 11 fluid ounces, contains 30 grams of protein, 160 calories, 1 gram of sugar, and 24 added vitamins and minerals. I feel like Premier Protein doesn't always get the respect it deserves. I think this is partially because I believe they got sued a few years back for exaggerating, okay lying, about the protein content. Today however everything seems to be on the up and up.

This is honestly one of the better tasting proteins I've ever had, I like that there's a bit of a thickness to it so its not a watery protein shake. It tastes good, packs in a nice amount of protein 30 grams, and isn't full of calories or sugar like some protein drinks. 

I used to think these things were a bit pricey, however considering your spending say $26 for 18 drinks, yeah it's more than some protein powders, but it's cheaper than some of the more expensive brands as well, and it's already mixed for you so you don't need to worry about shakers and making shakes, just grab a Premier Protein, go about your day and throw away the box when your done, no need to lug around your shaker bottle. Best of all these things don't need to be refrigerated so I'll normally grab one out of the laundry room on my way to the office in the morning, throw it in the fridge and it's cold and ready to go for a late morning snack.

Have you tried this new Cookies and Cream Premier Protein? How about the Chocolate Fudge? Drop a comment down below and let us know what you thought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment