Pages

Monday, September 30, 2019

Review of Bang Miami Cola

Bang Miami Cola Review


The past few weeks Bang had been promoting an all new mystery flavor. Bang didn't let on much about this flavor except for the fact it would be paying homage to the hometown and the land of the Bang Headquarters, South Florida.

For a week or two Bang teased us on Instagram with these Miami Dolphins themed cans posing all over South Florida, at the beach, in front of a lifeguard stand, in front of Art Deco style buildings. Well finally on September 26, Bang told us what the mystery flavor was, Miami Cola.

We had actually seen a few people guess Miami Cola, although the majority of Bangsters were anticipating a much more fruity tropical flavor like Tangerine, Orange, or even a cocktail themed flavor like a mojito or daiquiri. To our surprise, on release day they announced it was a Miami Cola.

Now if you're anything like me the first thing you asked was, what the heck is a Miami Cola? Well according to Wikipedia a Miami Cola is basically a cola ie Coke or Pepsi, but with a hint of orange and cherry. Many users reported it tasted like a really sweet root beer or even a cream soda.

Well today we were able to get our hands on a can of this elusive Miami Cola and got a chance to try it. Oh boy, this stuff is TERRIBLE. It tastes like hot garbage.

Now I know some people love cola or soda flavored Bang Energy drinks. The black cherry vanilla, which is like a vanilla cherry coke is hugely popular, and recently discontinued root beer blaze was also a hit flavor, still not sure why they discontinued that one.

To me personally however, if I want a cola, I'll drink a cola. When I drink a Bang I actually prefer the refreshing fruity flavors or even the candy flavors like Star Blast and Sour Heads to mix things up, so personally for me soda isn't on the list of flavors I've been anxiously waiting for.

I feel like Bang really dropped the ball with this one, to me, Miami Cola tastes terrible. My first impression was that there's really nothing unique about Miami Cola, to me it just tasted like a soda, and not even a good soda. I didn't catch any hints of orange or cherry, just tasted like cola. My second impression was a bad aftertaste of a chemical like artificial sweetener.

Now some people claim all Bangs taste artificially sweetened. I personally feel the opposite. The first time I tried a Bang I was skeptical because I hate sugar free and artificially sweetened beverages, and I was impressed with the flavor, and also impressed Bang didn't taste like artificial sweetener.

To me though, there's really no redeeming qualities about Bang Miami Cola, it tastes like a generic diet soda, and not even a good one at that. There's not a good flavor, and there's nothing Miami like about this flavor either.

In attempting to due justice to South Florida, home of the Bang headquarters, Bang laid a big ol'e turd here. While I grab pretty much every new Bang flavor that comes out, if for nothing else but to try it, this I can confidently say I'll never be buying again.


1 comment:

  1. It is very disgusting. It tastes like a cheap off brand of Coke/Pepsi, not good at all.

    ReplyDelete